This will be the first of 3 events during the Holiday Season, benefiting 3 different causes. This one is very simple. You buy some food at our shop, we donate a % to Meals on Wheels in Lake County. In addition, you get to reach into the coupon box to win some FREE food. See you soon!
Well, this one is pretty simple too! Listed below is a group of items needed for our local PADS locations. All you need to do is shop during the day like a 'normal' Black Friday and drop off the items at our shop. See you then!
1) New Sweat pants/Sweat Shirts: you would be amazed at how “hot” and universal of an item this is with the clients we serve; and for a variety of reasons
2) New Underwear: given the population we serve, underwear is something that we always can use; in all sizes and genders
3) New Sports bras: due to our shelter sites being located all over lake county, our clients do a lot of moving around. We have heard both from our female clients and the physicians that serve them that sports bras would go a long way in alleviating some discomfort
4) Backpacks: obviously our clients are transient. A lot of times most of their possessions are within worn backpacks. New/gently used large ones are always needed
5) Bottled Water
6) Laundry pods: we assist our clients with their laundry (around 2,000 clients annually). So you can imagine the need for this item.
7) Gifts Cards: Small amounts (no more than $5 per gift card). Due to the nature of our clients, gifts cards to Dunkin Doughnuts, Fast Food chains, Walmart etc, are VERY helpful with their transitions.
8) New and Unused Socks
9) Toiletries (deodorant, lotion etc.). Small travel sizes
10) Hand and Feet Warmers*
Join us at Saint Paul the Apostle Catholic Church for an evening of fun, craft beer, food vendors, and festivities. A $10 admission fee will get you a wristband, mug, and 2 tickets redeemable for food/beer. We will be accepting cash and card on the day of the event as well.
Saturday, October 6th, 4-9 PM
6401 Gages Lake Rd
Gurnee, IL 60031
Babysitting will be provided, a free will donation is appreciated.